Wednesday, July 06, 2016

THREE SHORT POEMS

WHAT’S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT?

He’s either a Cancer, a Capricorn or a Scorpio
Maybe just a sociopath
He’s a different sort of guy who
Perfectly jells with your alter ego’s abilities
He acts as though they have a spell upon each other
People in love
He’s a doctor or a lawyer, a newspaper man
A news feature writer, a painter
His words are smooth
Easy to see he’s telling the truth
Handsome, winsome,
Irresistible, he’s made for you and me

PHOTO OF THE CHILD YOU WERE

I see the little boy inside your eyes
Hidden away from prying eyes
Longing to be freed
A little boy hurt inside
Longing for a pinned on Sherriff’s star
You want to get back to where you used to be
To your red knit hoodie
Your favorite to wear as a little boy
Soft brown eyes shine through
The dichotomy of your discontent
Sherriff’s pin emblazoned
on your little boy’s red hoodie

The he you see isn’t the he inside

I AM THE MUSIC IN ME

Everyday I reinvent
Myself to discover who I am
I used to be somebody
Now I’m someone else
Lost inside my own mind
I’m coming through
Got a message in a bottle
I knit, crochet, & do macramé,
I nurture cats, plants, people, and money
I don’t play music to create
My heart beats with the music in me




No comments:

Post a Comment