Wednesday, July 18, 2012

BODY OF EVIDENCE


Just because I’m paranoid doesn’t mean my fears aren’t real
Fears speak in foreign languages in dark places of my soul
They confide in me tell me where I’ve been and where I’ll go
Beyond my comprehension
Cognizance jells constancy with perceptions and prehension.
In the starry night the sun set forth with glee
Misconceived, under the impression
the sun was there to see
Seen only in one’s heart enjoying ministrations of beauty
Duped by impulsivity trying to capture eternity
Existence of time proceeds, a moment, a year, a decade,
years pass and we’re still here.
Pass like a train in the night.
Several generations away nothing’s left but the mist.
Everything in its time, beginning and end,
true love bereft by death. 
Games played to be won - there are no rules to make the world spin
Dancing in delight in the wan moonlight waiting for a generation of change
to make its way into the light
Beside me stand Jimi, Janis, Billie, Bob Marley, and John F. Kennedy before they were born
We can’t find the light to see the way out of a bad dream a nightmare in reality
Relativity exists the nightmare is as real as the window I gaze through at midnight
Looking for a light a sign that everything’s going to be alright
What is true is a lie
Searching for truth
Secrets overwhelm us
Secrets lie hidden beneath the earth still warm with the regrets of my piss
I have no more left inside that was a lie I scream as my entrails are pulled out
Steam engine losing control seamlessly riding the track
Meant for dancing then changing course before making that last turn
One turn after another wondering what choices were right
What else should we have done? Did we leave any any secret unturned?
Needing release was it left ignored to rot to die with our bodies
An epiphany of infinity a chronological weighing of events adds up to peanuts
Imminence of ends finds not one of us survive forever acceptance of the next rain
Contrives a storm a demise of quintessential gains in a new sunrise

No comments:

Post a Comment