Thursday, June 13, 2024

I Need a New Spine

Grow me a new spine

I’d feel ~oh so fine

Be able to toe the line 

It’d be all mine 

Built to the nines 

Surgery ain’t sweet like pine 

Ok with a few glasses wine 

Body climbing vines

Mix my DNA with some stem cells

I’ll be ok, aged like fine wine 

build me a new spine 

pain is the bane of my

Existence, even a cane doesn’t help 

abate the pain can’t feign my way through 

exasperation coming through to a new view 

hard to stay sane, it’s all loss and no gain 

Moving fast down the sane lane 



Note: I'm having extensive spinal surgery on Monday where 3 discs will be removed and 3 cages put in. Interestingly this poem was written before I knew about this possibility, where the spine regrows through the cages. 


Amen and Amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment